Why are people so mean?

MadinWonderland

Owner/Operator R&S Mini Velociraptor Petting Zoo
Feb 1, 2023
Four Oaks NC
Hello. Sorry to complain, but this is what makes me afraid to ask a question anymore.
I posted on a page on fb about white spots above one of the hens eyes. I googled and couldn't find anything.
I posted a pic that showed the eye, the white spots, and her comb.
I asked if anyone knew what it was.
The comments were geared towards a vomb and then comments laughing and joking. And then a comment explaining that I need to be way more specific and use the correct verbiage.
I get that. And maybe I should have said "the white spots above her eye" ( the pic was zoomed in to just her eye and comb.)
But I also have a severe neurological condition that when I am panicky ( more panicky than the constant panic the condition gives me) or scared it gets worse and I can't think. I can't think of the right words, any extra things other than what is screaming in my head. When this happens I actually can't speak clearly and usually point or show a picture for help.
I was so embarrassed (and still am really) and I felt so stupid (still do feel dumb) that I deleted the post and almost left the group.
I notice this a lot in some groups.
Someone will post a question or something they did and dang bear get their heads ripped off or made to feel stupid. I try to reapond to things someone posts as a "what i tried and what worked for me" standpoint.
It's bad enough to already feel like I'm failing or out of my league to have it confirmed and laughed about in a group that is supposed to be for helping people learn.

does anyone have any good reference materials I can read about raising, farming, breeds, just anything to help me learn more about Chiickens, ducks, geese etc that is a bit more easier to decipher than Google?
I have red the forums and stuff here as well and they are super helpful. Would love to have books on hand as well.
Thank you.

I'm sorry about your experience. I've said it before and I'll say it again, humans like to dangle their own knowledge above others- superiority complexes :/

Hopefully you'll find this forum to be more welcoming and helpful :)

We're you able to figure out what's going on with your baby? If not, could you provide some pictures?

I'm sorry about your experience. I've said it before and I'll say it again, humans like to dangle their own knowledge above others- superiority complexes :/

Hopefully you'll find this forum to be more welcoming and helpful :)

We're you able to figure out what's going on with your baby? If not, could you provide some pictures?
No. I don't even know if it's something to be worried about. I never noticed it before but I'll post the pic.
I have 4 of these same kind and she's the only one and I have been scouring my gallery to see if its in other pics of her from before and I can't find anything. There looks to be little white flecks on her too but just right there

Attachments

• 20230208_072647.jpg
    20230208_072647.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 2
No. I don't even know if it's something to be worried about. I never noticed it before but I'll post the pic.
I have 4 of these same kind and she's the only one and I have been scouring my gallery to see if its in other pics of her from before and I can't find anything. There looks to be little white flecks on her too but just right there
Um, so I don't see anything wrong with your chicken. I've been chickening less than a year though, so maybe someone who has more knowledge will chime in. The white spots above her eye - the only ones I could find look like the white down on her feathers peeking out from under the red feathers of her top coat/top feathers. On her head, right above her eye, correct? I just see white feathers...

Are you talking about the white patch between her eye and her comb?
It looks to me like maybe she lost a few feathers there.
It would be easier to see with a picture that is a bit sharper.
Are you able to look at her skin in that area?

I sharpened it. It's the white dots. I thought mauve it could be like lice or mites. At first I thought she had rubbed on something white.
No she is the angst teenager who can't be near by her mom at all because I just don't understand..

Attachments

• 20230208_181237.jpg
    20230208_181237.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
That was your problem right there you asked on fb...most of those chicken groups are terrible i had one guy go at me for hatching in my turner like what!
I've raised exotics for the past 20 years and had someone go off on me because I got a waterfall fountain to put in my lizards tank. I got told I was purposely abusing him and making him suffer so he would die.
Instead of asking anything first just laid into me

Back
Top Bottom