Why are Sebright Chicks Considered Difficult to Rear?

If that were the case, pretty sure that they wouldn't be so easy to get most places.

I initially had problems because of shipping. They were so small they felt the shipping stress the most. Lost 5/6 in the first batch, but I got 4 or 3 out of the second replacement batch of 5.

I'm considering breeding bantams/ornamentals, but I hear that Sebrights are difficult to rear? Why is this, and how can you successfully rear them? Thanks for reading.
I find mine easy to look after because I have a clean invironment and lots of concrete for them to sharpen their beak and keep their feet clean. I find that I often have to check their weight tho cause they tend to get skinny in the winter! 🥶

I'm considering breeding bantams/ornamentals, but I hear that Sebrights are difficult to rear? Why is this, and how can you successfully rear them? Thanks for reading.
I find mine easy to look after because I have a clean invironment and lots of concrete for them to sharpen their beak and keep their feet clean. I find that I often have to check their weight tho cause they tend to get skinny in the winter! 🥶 Also they are pretty fragile but they mix with bigger birds fine and believe it or not they are usually one of the first in the pecking order. And don't forget that they are very very flighty.

I find mine easy to look after because I have a clean invironment and lots of concrete for them to sharpen their beak and keep their feet clean. I find that I often have to check their weight tho cause they tend to get skinny in the winter! 🥶 Also they are pretty fragile but they mix with bigger birds fine and believe it or not they are usually one of the first in the pecking order. And don't forget that they are very very flighty.
Also I would recommend keeping them in some kind of warmth until they are about 6 weeks old and introduce them to other chickens at the age of 3 and a half months. Hope this helps!
(don't meture quickly)

Back
Top Bottom