WHY are the cute ones ALWAYS boys?????

Quote:
Oh I go for the Not so pretty ones from the get go
love.gif

So sorry about that. My kids always befriend the roos and I end up keeping them till they are grown. I also have roo overload this year. I got two from the pullet bin this year. That has never happened to me.

Quote:
FINALLY! Somebody with worse luck than me
lau.gif
No but in all seriousness that does stink~ My 2 out of 3 chickens I bought first this year turned out to be boys...Sniff
hit.gif

And they are the best~ so cuddly and I wont be able to keep them. So I went out and bought 3 more and as they age I find myself wondering if 2 out of the 3 that I just bought might be boys
he.gif
LOL So anyways~ I feel your pain
big_smile.png
But hope for the best!

I just realized one of my favorites is a roo. He is the cutest of the bunch too, but he's only going to go when he starts crowing. He can stay as long as he keeps his trap shut.

I can keep the roos here where I live no prob but I get so overrun with them that I end up having to part with several and of course then have to keep the peace between the boys, right now all is great but there are quite a few babies to mature and then i will have many, I guarantee it....it's my own fault for letting them hatch out all these babies cause they're so darn cute and fun to watch
barnie.gif

Last edited:
So how do you get rid of your roos???

We have 4, possibly 5 out of 10 that are cockerals and I have NO idea what we are going to do. I have listed them on Craig's List arleady and on this other classifieds web site in our area. So far no responses but it has only been since this AM. We found out that 3 of our birds were cockeral this AM as well.
sad.png
sad.png
I just hope the ones that are left are for sure pullets. To have 6 or even 5 pullets would satisfy be just fine.

Quote:
Well I have done the craigslist route but yea it is tough, there are So many roos out there.....I do/did have a guy that has lots of land and said he lets them just hang out and do their thing so he has taken quite a few from me, BUT I did learn that he goes to the auctions a lot and livestock meets and I really don't think I can send any more there, you Know darn well they are going for meat. My attitude was don't ask to much and what you don't know won't hurt you but all the sudden I have a change of heart. Mine are all bantam cochins, silkies and frizzles and I can't imagine them getting eaten....so I don't know what to do now, when the time comes I will post them on CL and charge prob 10$ each, Ive sold a few that way but Im fearing the worst and many of my babies will be boys
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom