why are these silkies so dang ugly

Because they're silkies is probably not the answer you're looking for. :idunno
But accurate.
khloe kardashian GIF

I don't do Silkies so no experience with those. I call 2-1/2 to 3 week old the vulture phase. The way they feather out they look really rough. My wife once saw some black chicks perching at that age and said they look like vultures. In another week or so they finish feathering out and look pretty sleek so be a bit patient.

I don't do Silkies so no experience with those. I call 2-1/2 to 3 week old the vulture phase. The way they feather out they look really rough. My wife once saw some black chicks perching at that age and said they look like vultures. In another week or so they finish feathering out and look pretty sleek so be a bit patient.
I like to just call that the "awkward teenage phase." Going from cute chick, to horrid mess of a fluff, then into the adult feathering. Most of my chicks went through that phase but they grew up to be rather pretty birds in time.
I’m excited to see what they look like when they’re older. They’re definitely not “quality” silkies. One has 4 and a half toes on one foot! rather funny. I hope they turn out cute :)

Did hair/feathers ever grow back? I have a 7 week old silkie chick with a naked butt right now that is most likely from pasty butt. I have another that has no “fluff” on its back. They are sooo ugly right now 😭
Feathers will grow in, & take the place of lost fluff as the chick grows.

Did hair/feathers ever grow back? I have a 7 week old silkie chick with a naked butt right now that is most likely from pasty butt. I have another that has no “fluff” on its back. They are sooo ugly right now 😭
yes it grew back! lol

Back
Top Bottom