Why can't I find a breeder

Rioux

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2015
Kentucky
I've been looking for White Rocks and Dorkings for a while now. Why can't I find a breeder? Surely someone out there is still breeding these birds and have some for sale. I would prefer not to have them shipped but if I had to I would. All I can find around me in Kentucky is Orpingtons, Marans, and Cochins.

McMurray is a great hatchery. they have Dorkings and White Rocks. I recently bought from them 18 chicks an I only lost one, apparently from neurological conditions. My dorking, Sedgewick, survived and is thriving with the others. I also have a partridge rock named Shirley. I'm very happy with them.
I'm not sure how many breeds are available at this time of year, as some of the breeds are not available after a certain time.
I would involve shipping, but if you can't find any local breeders you could go this route.

Sedgie, my Dorking boy

Best of luck!

Why Missouri? Do you breed them?

No. It's just that there are several breeders here. And Kentucky is adjacent. You obviously don't want hatchery stock and don't want to ship.
You can search the link I posted to find some.
I'm not sure about dorkings but there are at least 10 breeders of White Rocks here.

Back
Top Bottom