Why cant I have better neighbors ??

When my DH were first married we lived in an apartment in Atlanta, we had some real doozy neighbors. In one unit were 2 strippers named Stormy and Autumn. They had a little business on the side, too, where the men were frequent, brief visitors. I felt so sorry for Stormy's 2 little boys who would be sent out on the patio with a dry box of cereal to wait for mommy's visitors to leave. Then there was this whack-job who would clean out her fridge once a week and bring me all the stuff she was throwing away. Apparently I must have reminded her of a garbage disposal!
hu.gif
Then our neighbors across the way had a nasty little dog that every time he came near me would go at my leg like it was his girlfriend.
somad.gif
That was the last time I had to live in an apartment , thank goodness!

When our kids were little, one of our neighbors would put up signs in her yard with gems such as "Is this your dog's s@@t?" and hang it on the sign in a bag. She was a nut-case.

I love it where we are now on 5 wooded acres and I can't even see my closest neighbor's house in the spring and summer.

I love the idea of the sign with the dog poo in it LOL I am going to have to try that with my nieghbors that have the dogs that run loose all over the nieghborhood LOL

Julie

We want to someday have at least 100acres and put our house right in the middle. No roads or driveways. We would only have 4x4's. DH wants to take helicopter lessons, if he does, we can have a helipad.

Monica

Maybe you are a magnet to weird or bad neighbors lol. I live next to one who is a retired crazy guy who slows passed our house then speeds up. wanna trade neightbors? I can give you the crazy stalker and take your annoying ones. I have guard dogs that will scare em
big_smile.png

I am about to get a no soliciting sign and no trespassing signs because of those type of neighbors, sales people and those wanting to tell me their version of how to save my soul. Now if I could just get a sign that keeps codes enforcers and tax accessors away.

Do not give her a thing. Maybe the phone numbers of the local food bank, or a copy of the bus schedule. Not a thing.

One of my friends does administrative work for a church. The people who call her up, oy. They'd ask for grocery money, she'd refer them to the food pantry and the soup kitchen the church ran. Then the jerks would get all rude and start yelling at her because they wanted money, not food...Of course, food banks don't give out Thunderbird or Boone's. They wanted rides somewhere, she'd tell them how they could get a reduced-cost bus pass, and they'd scream at her for that, too--how "mean" of her to suggest that they take the bus! Why, their friends might think they were poor or something if they were seen taking the bus!

You give an inch, they take a mile. Ain't worth your time.

I have had some real doozies. This was my favorite. I had one of my window units outside my window I was going to put it in. My neighbor comes over and asks does that AC work. I said yes it does and I am about to put it in my window. He said can I have it. I said no. He said but its gonna get hot I am on a fixed income due to disability and can't afford one. I said thats great I am disabled and do not get a gov. check bye.

Back
Top Bottom