Why cant I have better neighbors ??

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
ok everyone knows the great neighbors I have next door with their dogs and the drug raides -

a few months back we got new neighbors behind us - they have a couple of kids and for the most part they are fine - have to keep reminding them not to lean on the chicken run fence - but they are good kids ( so far ) - the parents dont really say much - never wave hi or say anything - which is fine as long as they are not causing trouble.

well a few days ago I was working in the house and get a knock at the door - it is around 10:30am - it is one of her sons ( why are you not in school ? ) anyway he was sent over by his mom to see if I would give them money for gas -- um what let me see if my forehead reads ATM -- I told him to tell his mom I am sorry but my husband has the money with him ( not totally the truth ) - so he goes on home.

the past few days the mom has been saying good morning and waving to us while we are outside - ok whatever we wave and say hi back.

well today she comes over knocking on the door - telling me how she was coming around the corner and ran out of gas and needs to get her kids at school - I tell her " I already told you that my husband keeps the money with him - sorry" she than asks " you dont have a car either do you? " -- :thun -- I tell her no - my husband has the car - I dont drive -

oh ok and with that she leaves
I swear I am moving to mars - do you think chickens can live on mars ???

Julie

I dont know, Julie. I wish you could have NO neighbors-those are the best, IMO, LOL. I'm afraid if someone I didn't know just came to my door and asked me for gas money, I'd laugh before I could stop myself. Food I'll give. Gas money, I barely have for myself.

It may sound mean but do not give that neighbor anything. That sounds like the kind that if you help them once they will knock at your door everyday asking for something. I have been down that road.

OMG! If I had neighbors like you have I'd move far far far far away
barnie.gif
I wouldn't even know what to say if a neighbor I didn't have a personal relationship with, wanted to borrow money for gas, gas, or a ride............
he.gif
WOW!!!!

oh cyn - i dont want to sound mean but if i could have a nice piece of land with no neighbors right up on top of me i would be in heaven - I dont mind neighbors - just not the kind that are " right there " you know. I know gas is high around here 3.19 as of yesterday but dang I cant help there - now if she wanted a few eggs - that i have plenty of LOL

we have been down that road before also - we had a neighbor a few years back whos husband passed away suddely of cancer - my DH being alot more soft hearted than me - tried to help her with everything - it got to the point that every time we turned around she was needed her car fixed ( DH works on cars ), she needed money, I would brew sun tea - yeap she would be right there wanting a glass - drove me crazy - we actually moved because of her !!

oh well until I win the lottery I am stuck here.....

Julie

Don't you have a thing called school buses in New Mexico?????? They're really cool, they come in the morning and pick up your kid and take them to school and in the evening they drop them off......
lol.png

I had neighbors I didn't know personally in Denver once trying to sell me diapers (my boys were 2 years, I think) so she could pay her phone bill!
roll.png
Move to the Country!
wee.gif

P.S. Put out a big sign on your door, NO Solicitations of any kind! (it helps)

Last edited:
oh thats is what that big yellow thing is that stops at the corner of my house - darn thing is so loud when I am getting my coffee - and you just try to watch tv or play online with that thing stopping in front of my house in the afternoon everyday.

I cant wait till the day I become rich and can buy a big old farm house with lots of land and the closet neighbors are at least 1 mile down the road .... wonder how many eggs I need to sell to buy my farm ??

Julie

Back
Top Bottom