Why can't we all just get along??

Quote:
that breaks my health. if there was more affordable health care there would be a lot more people who would not rely on disability

Many do not qualify for disability or other state aid...those are the uninsured. It's very sad.

HHandbasket, you are a decent person. No, we can't help everybody, but if we each reached out to the person in our path, we'd help a heck of a lot more.

Does "Maria" have a lawyer? Is there any way to appeal for some sort of clemency? Or is there any church or social group that could help her in Mexico? Can her family raise money and send it to her?

Quote:
Sadly, many more than 1 of our own citizens die on the streets for lack of intervention...abandoned to die without anyone. If one checks around on cancer boards or other catastrophic illness boards, they'll find it's an everyday happening. Terribly tragic.

"WE' (I mean our respective countries) can not get along in the way many people desire, because, WE (the US) need to take care of our selves BEFORE taking on the problems of other countries. Other countries NEED to be FORCED by their own people to reform their practices and start taking care of their own people. The US is simply not able to pay for everyone elses problems, and unfortunately, that includes sick people and children. There are a million sad stories out there and always will be.

Im sure I sound unfair and maybe cold, but I am a strong believer in our country needing to fix its own problems, BEFORE spending MY tax money to bail out someone else. Feed OUR hungry children, educate OUR children, house OUR homeless, balance OUR budget, fix OUR crisis, FIRST- then go ahead and help out others. If we (the US) dont have our stuff together and are going broke, we have NO business helping out countries that are corrupt and have the money and ability to help themselves. And if that means their people will die, well, ya gotta ask yourself- WHY am I helping that country to continue to behave that way by fixing its problems and taking on its debts? Its called enabling, and the US needs to STOP.

If private citizens wanna pay for things for other people, then by all means, go ahead- just dont ask 'Joe Tax Payer Public', to do it when he can barely care for himself.

Quote:
clap.gif

Do not consider this as a rant against our legal immigrants. I
have a lot of respect for those who chose to leave their own
country to come and be a part of ours.

And those who are here legally deserve every right that America
as a nation offers to it's people.

The ones who have chosen to be here illegally create an undo
burden on every citizen.

As taxpayers, we have enough burdens.

Is it the right thing to do, in forcing an illegal immigrant to return
to their home country? According to our laws as they are written,
yes, it is.

But because this is America, we as her citizens have the right to
raise our voice and vote on the issues that concern us. We have the
right to follow our elected leaders and to see how they vote on various
issues.

And that is how our immigration laws will be changed -- By those that make
our laws. And that we as individuals each have a voice in making our feelings
known.

It forcing this one sick woman the right thing to do?

According to our law as written, yes.

It is morally right?

No.

That's my issue.

This woman has not CHOSEN to be an illegal citizen. She wants to be an American and has lived here for 12 years. But because she is "ill", she does not qualify.

Makes me want to hurl.

ETA: I have not slept peacefully a single night since I did this report on this woman, because I know she was discharged to be deported and is probably dead by now. Not necessary if she had been given consideration to join our ranks. I think she would have been a nice contributor to our country, by everything stated about her in her medical reports.

Last edited:
It is indeed a sad story. There are many more just like it or worse I am sure. But you cannot save the world. And you provided enough of her story to violate the HIPPA laws, so I would be very careful of that in the future (I am very well versed in those laws). It is your job to listen to the report and type it out not to share every sad story that comes from those records. You could lose your job and lose your ability to do anything along it's lines. Nobody is truly anonymous online.

If you want to help people in this type of situation do it by volunteering your time to the organizations that are out there. Not by violating our country's privacy laws.

Back
Top Bottom