Why Chicken Cross Road? Don't know... BUT GET BACK IN YOUR COOP!!!

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
I was working from home today when I got a knock at my door.

It was my neighbor.

"Um... your chickens are out."

2_chicken-road.jpg

Yeah, I guess they are!

My girls are getting more and more crafty and are escaping my fenced in yard. I've clipped wings, put in more fencing, etc. They are just determined to get out of the back yard and walk all the way around the house so they can head down the street. As you can see I'm in a pretty busy neighborhood with neighbors, cars, and dogs.

Looks like it's time for yet another fence line walk about. Depending on how high your fence is, they still could be flying over even with a wing clipped. And I've had some climb in bushes along the fence or on garbage cans and then hop over the fence. Such fun.

When I first got Obelisk, she and Jerry would fly over the fence and eat the neighbour's grass seed. So I wound up going to Building 19 and snapping up all of the replacement volleyball netting I could get...It worked, just that other 2 feet helped keep them in.

Way to go chickens, Freedom..... is priceless. They are brave chicken warriors LOL. Grass is greener on the other side!
lau.gif

bigzio

Looks like they know what they are doing!! They may have found a buffet of bugs that were hit by cars.. My friend has a bug zapper over his chicken run.. they act like they are in heaven...Dixie

Back
Top Bottom