Why did my fish die!?

Oh yeah, definitely! I wanted them a couple years ago but never got them. I think now is the time haha

Wow, that's really easy! I'll wait till the goldfish tank is established then maybe add some in the spring or something. My birthday is in March so maybe a birthday present.

Yeah, I find the platies really pretty and they come in tons of colors. The mollies are fairly cool too though. I don't really like guppies very much, they're too small and breed too fast. I had some once.

Yeah, mine just swim around.

I'll have to look for it. I remember there was one plant that was illegal in some states for some reason but I don't think that was one of them. And yeah, I thought it was a little weird they'd get bored haha

Ph is in a good range

That's good to know :)

And okay so I'm really not sure on the exact color match cause it's hard to be sure but I THINK ammonia is either .25 ppm or .50 ppm although depending on the light it kinda looks like 1.0 ppm.... I'm almost positive it's the lighter color though so .25 or .50. Nitrite is zero. Nitrate I think is either 0 or 5 ppm? It's kind of goldish but the chart is like either yellow or oranges or reds so i really don't know. I'm leaning towards 5, maybe 10, ppm, but I'm pretty sure 5

I accidentally just dropped a painting in the tank but i pulled it out immediately and i dont think any got in, do you think they'll be okay?

Probably need a water change anyway for the ammonia?

They should be okay. I would do a water change to lower the ammonia. Stop feeding for a day or so. Next you should see nitrites rising and ammonia going down, should go to zero, than nitrites will spike, than also go to zero, both should remain at zero in a cycled tank and only nitrates should be present.

I was trying to find out what levels of ammonia are toxic, I think anything over .05, so you are right there with that.

Okay, I will do a water change and thanks for the info on what to look for. So should I add the bacteria then? And should I add it before or after the water change? I'm guessing after?

That's pretty close, I'll definitely change it then

Apparently anacharis is illegal in my state and many others :/

But I don't really understand it because other websites it mentions nothing about it being illegal???? And in the reviews on one site I swore there were recent reviews from states where it's illegal... maybe they don't monitor it and if I ordered it, no one would ever know? Haha but I'm too rule following for that lol

Ugh I'm an idiot and accidentally added the bacteria now without changing the water first cause I'm going out and thought "I should add the bacteria before I do", completely forgetting about the water change. If I change it now won't it take all the bacteria back out? So do I just wait?

Never heard It was illegal, as far as I know it's still sold around here for ponds as well as aquariums, well at least it's not necessary.

If your fish don't look stressed than wait and test again in the morning. Don't feed them anymore tonight. See what your readings are in the morning than go from there.

I never had either but then when I looked for it, it said that on most sites so I Googled my states laws. I think it's because it's invasive and thrives in rivers and ponds so they are trying to control it. Which is honestly, sorry for the language, ********, because if you buy it for your tank and your tank (or manmade pond) only how would it spread???? But whatever.

They don't look stressed at all but then again I don't know fish. Thankfully I haven't fed them anything today so no problem there. Or is that bad? They ate a lot the day before. And okay, I will test again in the morning

Back
Top Bottom