Why did she have to say that...

TheDuckCrew

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Connecticut
I've had the worst week ever. my sister (who is a senior) is like the prettiest girl EVER. when she was getting fitted for her prom dress, the lady said she had the perfect body, that she was the best she's ever seen. she just broke up with her bf, and now the most attractive guys in the entire school are after her, even though they are good friends with her ex. we were in walmart and guys that worked there kept coming up and talking to her and asking for her number, the only looks i got were pretty much telling me to go away. she was just talking about how her and her senior friends were talking about who would be the prettiest freshman. i'm a freshman. they said they would be the under rated ones that no one pays attention to. they had to pick the two girls that are TOTALLY not under rated (not popular, obnoxious) and the two girls that have repeatedly ruined my life. i'm in tears. these two girls were over my house for a track sleepover my sister was having and they actually told me to get out of MY OWN HOUSE because they were talking about stuff. i'm in tears. i've never ever ever felt so ugly and unwanted and rejected in my entire life. this is the lowest i have felt in such an incredibly long time and i'm not too sure i can pull through this one. my parents won't even talk to me anymore. i'm just falling apart with no where to turn

sorry i just unloaded all this stuff, but i just am in pieces and no one cares.
hit.gif

Pretty is as pretty does.

Sound to me like those are some very ugly girls.

I am very sorry you are hurt. I know you won't believe me but - as mean and cruel as girls are now, it often gets worse in college before it gets better if you get caught in many sorority vs nonsorority relationships - it also builds character. Keep your head up, march toward your goals, dance to your own drummer and one day they will get pay back. You may never see it but take satisfaction in the fact it will happen. Karma is a mean sister to play games with.

You couldn't pay me enough to go back to high school. People can be so hateful. Take it with a grain of salt and stand tall.

One lesson (of many) that I learned is that even the most beautiful people can be disgusting looking once they open their mouths. It's amazing what a lousy personality can do to ones looks.

hugs.gif

don't say those things like no one cares..we care...
thumbsup.gif
things will get better hun-I was your age too -I'm 37 and my sister is 38 and a gorgeous petite red head-she has ALWAYS gotten all the attention-but you know what I have that she doesnt have-never did- a beautiful caring and loving husband who does more for me than any hubbie I know-I feel sad for her that she never had that-in a bad relationship right now too-anyhoo...your time will come..I was considered an ugly duckling as a freshman..by senior year..puhhh...I was the one guys wanted to talk to-and still do..not that I care anymore
celebrate.gif

I cant belive you dont think your pretty...You may not look like your sis does but i bet your just as pretty as she is.
I have seen girls that dont fit the TV image of pretty get guys,its thier confidence that drew the guys to em.

you guys are all so nice, but i still can't stand it. i'm told i'm ugly on a daily basis and i just can't stand it. my friends are starting to say they don't want to hang around me anymore because they like my sister more. i am always compared to her and i always come up short. even my aunt told me i'd have to better if anyone (including the family) was going to notice me. i can't do it anymore.

Keep you chin up. I know right now its hard to do, but most of those kids that think they are better than everybody and mean in school, usually wind up working for the ones they made fun of.
wink.png
Ive seen it first hand from my high school class. You'll look back when you are older and think, "Wonder how they like me now?"
big_smile.png

High school is going to be but a fleeting blip on your radar. The things that you do and say throughout these years will make you who you are. However, the people that you go to school with are not going to matter, period, after you graduate. People will fall in and out of contact, life will get busy, and new friends will be made...

I have 2 older brothers who I compared myself to all throughout my life.. I always fell short. But then I realized that I am my own person, with my own unique gifts and talents... As are you.

hugs.gif

Keep your head up. Beauty is not what you look like, it is how you act. "Perfect bodies" are ruined easily.. But whenever you have a good soul -- yoi can't lose that!

I know this is just an old man's opinion, but I wouldn't let them get to you. They certainly sound like they are far from beautiful people. Just ignore them and be proud of who you are. Your time will come.
I once had a wife that when she walk into the room everyone noticed. As she got older she became obsessed with her looks to the detriment of everything else. She could offer nothing because she never became a complete person.
The lady I am now with some people would consider plain, but I think she is the most beautiful woman I have ever know. Remember there is alot more to beauty than physical appearance. Self confidance, intellegence, and a kind heart add more to a womans beauty than anything I know of.

WE care about you! I know I hated hearing this when I was your age, but it's so true... all of the h.s. stuff won't matter in a few years... at least I'm assuming high school??? College is a whole new world as long as you don't get sucked into the sorority thing. Hang in there. And judging from your avatar you are VERY pretty. Don't listen to what your sister and the other girls said... what do they know???? NOTHING. You'll be amazed in 5 years when you look back and realize how much your life has changed. I would not go back to h.s. EVER but I'm glad I made it through in one piece b/c I have an adoring husband and two wonderful little boys.

Oh, and just to put things into perspective, I met my DH after being in college for a couple of months and we were engaged and married less than two years later (right after I turned 20)... you're life can change (for the good!) in a blink of an eye!

hang in there... I'll be praying for you.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom