Why did she lay a very small egg today?

Pics
Yes, mine have been laying regularly since July and yesterday one of the Rhode Island Reds dropped a very small egg. It was also the first time I found poop in the nest so the term "fart egg" coined in someone's earlier post sounds a bit descriptive.

Yes, mine have been laying regularly since July and yesterday one of the Rhode Island Reds dropped a very small egg. It was also the first time I found poop in the nest so the term "fart egg" coined in someone's earlier post sounds a bit descriptive.
lol yep!!

Hello!! I got a fairy egg today!! Very surprising!!! Saturn is over a year tho and has been my best producer.... typical egg every time.... she is a AM and a welsummer hybrid. Her egg is cute but I am a little concerned.... well see what tomorrows looks like and go from there!
20170630_172615.jpg

Hello!! I got a fairy egg today!! Very surprising!!! Saturn is over a year tho and has been my best producer.... typical egg every time.... she is a AM and a welsummer hybrid. Her egg is cute but I am a little concerned.... well see what tomorrows looks like and go from there! View attachment 1061075
love the color!!!
and it'll probably be nothing, i just got one out of one of mine last week, skipped a day then was fine again

My RIR laid a very small egg today my hens are 1 year old she has never laid a small egg... Should I be worried? She also laid it in the chicken run

Attachments

• B03E3E4E-112B-42F1-B832-2DDB6D2D07E5.jpeg
    B03E3E4E-112B-42F1-B832-2DDB6D2D07E5.jpeg
    631.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom