𝓓𝓾𝓬𝓴𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓟𝓱𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓱𝔂
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 6, 2017
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Hi, I know there's been a lot of changes over here on BYC, but why'd this have to change? It's my notifications. It used to be where I get a lot of reactions, it'd cluster as one notification. Now, it's several notifications! I sometimes liked seeing the number of how many reactions I got all clustered up in one notification, and now I can't see the number. Also, the biggest issue I have with the non-clustered reaction notifications is they bury more important notifications for me. Like earlier today, I got tagged on something. That notification got buried before I found it by reaction notifications. I found where I was tagged because I stumbled onto the thread that I was tagged in. The several reaction notifications instead of a single notification is also overwhelming to me. :(

Here is some screenshots showing the differences:

Before, with the clustered notifications:
Screenshot_20210116-145618~2.jpg

After (now) with the non-clustered notifications:
Screenshot_20210224-205057~2.jpg

I'm not talking about articles... I'm talking about my reaction notifications. :( I've been getting overwhelmed by them and more important notifications are getting buried, so I'm not able to find them. :(

Sorry for the confusion, but the answer still applies:

We had an addon that started causing problems that people were complaining about, so we removed that addon.

... but that means the functionality that came with that addon was also lost, including grouping alerts.

So, for now, you may want to disable certain alerts from showing up. You can do that here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/account/preferences

For example, I have this alert disabled:

1614222954662.png

Sorry for the confusion, but the answer still applies:

We had an addon that started causing problems that people were complaining about, so we removed that addon.

... but that means the functionality that came with that addon was also lost, including grouping alerts.

So, for now, you may want to disable certain alerts from showing up. You can do that here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/account/preferences

For example, I have this alert disabled:

View attachment 2544226
Ok. I clicked the Alert box.

Hi, I know there's been a lot of changes over here on BYC, but why'd this have to change? It's my notifications. It used to be where I get a lot of reactions, it'd cluster as one notification. Now, it's several notifications! I sometimes liked seeing the number of how many reactions I got all clustered up in one notification, and now I can't see the number. Also, the biggest issue I have with the non-clustered reaction notifications is they bury more important notifications for me. Like earlier today, I got tagged on something. That notification got buried before I found it by reaction notifications. I found where I was tagged because I stumbled onto the thread that I was tagged in. The several reaction notifications instead of a single notification is also overwhelming to me. :(

Here is some screenshots showing the differences:

Before, with the clustered notifications:
View attachment 2544137

After (now) with the non-clustered notifications:
View attachment 2544138
Hmm. Yea that’s how it is for me but I didn’t know it didn’t used to be because I am kind of a noobie

Back
Top Bottom