Why do all of my chicks have bald spots?

SIXLETS

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2018
I have 4 chicks that I bought from a Tractor Supply 1 week ago, they’re now about 2 weeks old. I noticed that all of the chicks have a bald spot on their right shoulders. I attached some pictures below. I know it looks like 2 different chicks, but it’s 4. (Ignore my chipped nail polish and baby hands lol)
4A976F8C-1003-46B4-9556-18AF85E1D20A.jpeg

BBB7CB84-4B38-4086-9158-3B5E29FDA8CF.jpeg

C6E9FC7D-EF3F-42E5-87C6-3F60200FAD33.png

5C0EFA55-F289-4CD9-9948-F875C12098B0.jpeg

If it’s 2 wks olds, they are starting to lose their baby chicks fur and being replace by feathers. Make sure they are on good starter feeds with good protein, will help establish a healthy flock. Good feed, clean water, clean brooder or home. They should be okay until your next worries. Welcome to the world of chickening!!!

If it’s 2 wks olds, they are starting to lose their baby chicks fur and being replace by feathers. Make sure they are on good starter feeds with good protein, will help establish a healthy flock. Good feed, clean water, clean brooder or home. They should be okay until your next worries. Welcome to the world of chickening!!!
Thanks for the quick reply! I had thought about that, but I wasn’t sure since they all had it in the same place and all that.

If they have it on the same spot? Possibility of the shot (mareks vaccinations) given at the same spot? Now it showing since they’re losing the fur on that area?

Update: I was looking at my 2.5 wk olds Sapphire gem this morning and they all have balding spot at the same area. There’s a possibility that chicks growing new feathers are loosing on almost identical spots. This is to remain proven wrong until the chicks we hatched hit the same age, which are not vaccinated.

Back
Top Bottom