Why Do Chickens.....

Chickaroo!

Songster
12 Years
Dec 27, 2007
...Seem to prefer to drink out of nasty rain puddles rather than their nice, clean waterers???
barnie.gif

* Total weirdness, Stevie-- You just described a Christmas when my kids were little to a "T". They got a lotta toys-- My mom got a weed-whacker for her roses--- and the kids played with that triangular sorta box ALL day!!!! HOW'D YOU DO THAT?????
wink.png
p.s.: Are you saying I should get the chicken a cardboard box?

Last edited:
Chickaroo! :

...Seem to prefer to drink out of nasty rain puddles rather than their nice, clean waterers???
barnie.gif

The same reason that dogs prefer to drink out of toilets.

Some basic need for trace minerals that has escaped human understanding for eons.​

d.k :

* Total weirdness, Stevie-- You just described a Christmas when my kids were little to a "T". They got a lotta toys-- My mom got a weed-whacker for her roses--- and the kids played with that triangular sorta box ALL day!!!! HOW'D YOU DO THAT?????
wink.png
p.s.: Are you saying I should get the chicken a cardboard box?

you might as well pack up the waterer and star digging little holes and filling it with water lol.

They freaked out when they went from a cardboard brooder to a big cage. I had to add on to the cardboard brooder lol. Maybe if you put some cardboard boxes outside I bet the chickens would be going in them all day​

Last edited:
* I'm trying one more time-- got a nice new plastic box-- and I'm gonna fill it with the dry ficus leaves she likes. . . . We'll see if that works at all. . . . Silly Goomba Chicken!!!

Back
Top Bottom