Why do I keep finding small amounts of blood in my coop?

Jan 19, 2021
Minnesota
I keep finding blood in my coop. Like very small amounts every. I just went in there and I found some that’s wet still. Should i be worried? I check all their feet and toes. I check their bills and to see if there is any blood in the water when they drank. I tried to check their vents and I didn’t see any blood. Not sure what it is. No one seems to be actively bleeding, I just keep finding it.
8D4CC062-5629-4B4C-895D-413EF2F7EB6D.jpeg
055C1D25-4F9E-4733-A4AB-83644C0A474A.jpeg
2A76E497-E829-4D5D-88C5-16A24467841C.jpeg

Well I found what it was. I swear I check their feet more then once but one of my girls has a few scabs on her feet🤦‍♀️ Not sure from what but she’s not bleeding anymore. Keeping an eye on it just incase it turns into bumble foot. Thank you all❤️
Well, at least you know. Good catch! I would have missed that.

Did you check the bottoms of their bills by their necks? Maybe one of them got stuck on the ice on the side of the bowl? I cant even give mine frozen peas right now. They stick to my ducks faces and tongues 😮 if the ice on the bowl can be a problem, that would be good for alot of us to know...our ducks water bowl here is icy just like yours

Did you check the bottoms of their bills by their necks? Maybe one of them got stuck on the ice on the side of the bowl? I cant even give mine frozen peas right now. They stick to my ducks faces and tongues 😮 if the ice on the bowl can be a problem, that would be good for alot of us to know...our ducks water bowl here is icy just like yours
I did not! I will check in an hour or so! I didn’t see any new blood this morning luckily but I still don’t know why I keep finding it!! I’m bringing the food/water tray in too melt the ice today too! I wish it was warmer by you so your babies cold get some peas! Mine had peas yesterday! They gobbled them up like there’s no tomorrow:lol:

Back
Top Bottom