Why do Kids today have so many problems?

PaulaJoAnne

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
This gives the exact reason why our children today, are not as healthy as their great grandparents were.

thanks for sharing the link, our family already practices this type of diet. we buy from local farmers, this includes vegies/fruits during the summer months and also meats year round pasture raised locally :-D nothing beats the taste of pasture raised meat ;-)

not as healthy as their great grandparents were

I seriously doubt that. Since life expectancy in 1800 was only 35 years and life expectancy in 1900 was only 60 years, but life expectancy in 2000 was 82 years, it sure doesn't seem to me that my grandparents (both of whom were born before 1900) were healthier than I am. At 64 I am already older than either of them lived to be, and I am planning on many more years yet.

JMO

Rusty​

Quote:
I seriously doubt that. Since life expectancy in 1800 was only 35 years and life expectancy in 1900 was only 60 years, but life expectancy in 2000 was 82 years, it sure doesn't seem to me that my grandparents (both of whom were born before 1900) were healthier than I am. At 64 I am already older than either of them lived to be, and I am planning on many more years yet.

JMO

Rusty

Umm, actually that is not true. Numbers were jumbled up a bit, to give a false sense of life expectancy historically.

The high rates of infant death skewed the numbers pretty badly when the averages were decided.
Once proper cleanliness was understood, things really changed in that department.

Last edited:
Life expectancy....

What is the average life expectancy of Americans? For a long time it has been the low seventies for men and upper seventies for women. So it comes as a shock to learn that the average life expectancy for Americans has dropped to 69.3 years, according to the America's Health Rankings report, issued at the American Public Health Association's annual meeting. This figure is exceeded by 28 other countries, including Britain, France and Germany and is about five years less than the life expectancy in Japan. According to Dr. Reed Tuckson, this dismal number reflects increasing obesity, fewer people quitting smoking (although only 20.8 percent of Americans smoke today, down from almost one-third in 1990), and increasing numbers of people without health insurance. Officials made no mention of the increasing consumption of processed foods containing refined sweeteners, processed vegetable oils and toxic additives, and certainly did not allow even a whisper about the almost complete absence of nutrient-dense foods such as organ meats, shellfish and butterfat and eggs from grass-fed animals from the American diet (Reuters, December 13, 2005).​

I think there are alot of factors effecting kids today ranging from "Dr feelgood" handing out pills left and right, eating packaged garbage non stop, being glued to the couch watching TV or computor all day long, to not getting a good old fashioned butt warming that so many need so bad. That's just for starters.
smile.png

Steve

So it comes as a shock to learn that the average life expectancy for Americans has dropped to 69.3 years, according to the America's Health Rankings report, issued at the American Public Health Association's annual meeting.

Strange. Just 2-3 nights ago an official from UAB Medical Center said on the air that a child born in Alabama this year has a life expectancy of 84 years.

I suppose it's the "same ol' same ol' " that stats can be manipulated to say whatever the person creating them wants them to say. I just do not believe our life expectancy is shrinking, no matter what statistics may claim. All around me I see people who are living longer and longer quality lives well into their 80s and 90s. Nowadays it is actually a shock to hear of someone dying in their 60s around here and when they do it is often because of an accident rather than from disease. I personally suspect APHA has their own agenda to advance with those stats.

JMO

Rusty​

Last edited:
I agree with Steve too.

*************** I've got a huge hankering for a steak and baked potato slathered with real butter. My BIL eats that crap in a tub that tastes like vaseline with a little yellow food colouring.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom