Why Do My Chickens Keep Freaking Out?????

LittleChickenRacingTeam

On vacation
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Ontario, CANADA
I've moved my chooks from the front hallway to a mudroom in the back of the house 2 weeks ago. They have a great view of the surrounding fields.

IMG_6245_cages_LCRT2007.jpg

However they keep flipping out at different times of the day. No, it's not the... "I've just laid an egg kind of commotion"
It's the alarm type of squawking. I can tell the difference between their air & ground predator alarm, and this is the ground predator one, so I know it's not a hawk.

So after 2 weeks of racing out back wondering what is scaring them so bad, this is what I saw minutes ago...

Mr Coyote: "Hmm, I've picked up a scent. What is that? Not rabbit. Not groundhog. Not a mouse. Wait, I know, it's chicken poop. I bet there must be chickens around. I could use a takeout meal about now."
IMG_6232_coyote_LCRT2007.jpg

Mr Coyote: "Hey mister, yeh, you with the camera. I'm your neighbour, & was wondering if I could borrow a cup of chicken?"
IMG_6236_coyote2_LCRT2007.jpg

Mr Coyote: "Ok, Ok, you don't have to use that type of language. I'm leaving"
IMG_6237_coyote3_LCRT2007.jpg

Mr Coyote: "Oh by the way, I will be back. With my friends"
IMG_6242_coyote4_LCRT2007.jpg

I'll be waiting for his next visit. Only next time I won't be shooting him with my camera.

I'm sorry there is an animal outside dreaming of eating your chickens but I just love those pictures. They are so pretty with the snow and everything all grey and soft in them. Really lovely shots.

Quote:
So they don't poop on the carpet.

No silly!, I mean why do you have them in you house
and not in a coop outside somewhere.

Cause they are house chooks. They freerange in warmer weather & have an outdoor coop & run that they use when I can supervise them.

Back
Top Bottom