Why do people always want what they can't have? *barnie*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Delta2 23, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    I can't say this doesn't apply to me. [​IMG]

I have many great friends, but a dispute with one person is absolutely killin' me here. [​IMG]
    Why can't one just be happy with the friends one has, and forget about the others?

And it's also true with money, the more one has the more one wants, I hear. I'm starting to feel this myself as well. [​IMG]

2. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I actually find this to be very prevalent in certain micro-cultures, but know many people or groups this does not apply to. For instance, there was one area we lived near (DC), and people were always complaining about how their neighbors had a bigger house or higher vaulted ceilings in a manner that makes me realize how very detached many are from any sort of reality. I always have to laugh at some definitions of "joining the real world", when that world is a whole stack of untruths and projections. Then I meet people who should push for change but don't. Ie. 'Settling' for a job that makes one completely miserably because, "oh, I should be so thankful I even have a job when so many people do not". That sort of logic has never flown with me. "Oh, I should be lucky I have an abusive parent because other people don't have parents". "I should be lucky that I have an arm rotting with gangrene because some people don't have any arms or legs".

3. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Some people just feed on conflict and turmoil and are never happy in life unless there is some drama. My wife had a friend that was that way and she went through relationships like butter and eventually she pushed my wife away from her. She makes everyone miserable where ever she lives and is now living in an isolated area in eastern Oregon with no neighbors for 50 miles in any direction and last I heard she was trying to get the school bus driver fired. My wife did finally give up on her. I would have said goodbye a lot sooner. Life is too short for this kind of crap.

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:maybe she is related to my sister and niece...LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by