Why do YOU keep quail?

Quote:
Heck if you catch me at the right time I might even throw the eggs in the incubator and hatch them for you to get some baby birds instead of eggs lol, I love hatching and always hatch beyond my means so I am always giving away chickens and quail lol

I like to hatch too and my current bator will hold 120 ( I just need to get the $20 part to fix it) so thats no problem. I think I'm going to set up for 18 quads (18 roos over 54 hens for a total of 72) and they will be penned in colonies of 12, I hope this works but, I might need to get a sports man with that many eggs. I want to sell ready to process males and started pullets at 6-8 weeks and then I'll work on other venues. I want to keep some eggs and process some for myself too and work on my line.

Looks like you wanted silkies too haha!

I might I want alot of "crap" lol. I'd really like to get my hands on some BBS sumatra bantams if I could find them at a reasonable price but, you'll find when it comes to birds (and most other critters) I'm not very picky and I tend to want to buy on impulse
smile.png
. I have always thought silkies were unique (in a good way) and would sure try some someday if the right oppertunity arose. ETA: I'm like those people that like to surround themselve with other people only with critters but not in a hoarder kinda way, in a if I won the lotto I'd have a private zoo (with no big cats, lol) kinda way.

Last edited:
I keep a couple silkies, I have 2 pullets and a roo but I have two that hatched a couple weeks ago, one that hatched yesterday, and 3 eggs left that should hatch today hopefully, two are pipped and one is moving

mochicken~ I hope your hatch goes well! That's always exciting watching them hatch!

Besides my silkies... I have a cute Easter Egger chick I also got those eggs from Quaillady.
big_smile.png

rittert~ If I won the lottery, there would be someone hired to cook for my birds.
gig.gif

I currently have...
5 chicken chicks..Eggs in the bator.... 7 Coturnix Chicks and 15 adults.. Eggs in the bator... 4 Button Quail chicks... 1 adult pair... and eggs in the bator...
1 parakeet soon to have a mate...
1 pair of English Budgies
1 Pair of Pacific Parottlets (Pocket Parrots)
1 pair of Rosy Bourkes (grass parakeet)
With many more that will be added to the list come spring. Doves too..

So Quail fit right in...lol...

Back
Top Bottom