Why do you like Backyard Chickens?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicks R Friends NOT Food, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    This is not meant to be insulting- it's merely curiosity. I spent over a year thinking I was some crazy chicken lover and that I was one of few. Then this site kept popping up on google and I found that there are TONS of other people like me. I'm just wondering how other people got here.

2. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    I googled a chicken question before I got the babies and found my new home that way! Love this place!

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Yep! This is how I found it! I like it because the people are helpful, and if I have a question, I know I can ask these guys for help. [​IMG]

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I belong to a parrot forum but also had chickens so I googled chicken forum and here I am!![​IMG]

5. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Google for me too...I googled Chicken Coops when I decided I wanted chickens. Backyard Chickens popped up for almost every question I typed in.

On a side note.....Chicks R Friends NOT Food - I LOVE YOUR NAME! I talk to my cat and dog(s) that way all the time since I have many pets on the food chain. I tell my cat that the Rats are friends NOT food, and the Chicks are friends NOT food, etc etc...

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    who says chickens arent food?? [​IMG]

7. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

BYC is the best of them all, reason why i like BYC is because most on here have the same passions in life as Me..Little bit of country and a whole lot of chickens the IN back yard..!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] To BYC [​IMG]

Charlie

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  8. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    I just do [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I came here when we first got chickens and I had no clue what to do with them. I learned everything I know about chickens from this site. And along the way I have formed some really meaningful friendships with people that I hope are friends forever. What is NOT to like about BYC???

10. Samarai Jenn

Samarai Jenn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    I don't remember how I found BYC, but I love it...
    Seriously, all of you are my family.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by