Why does my dog have......

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
Hi I have a lab mix and a German Shepherd and they both have watery poop I have not fed anything but dog food and they have been on this dog food for a long time my lab is having yellow gloop coming out of her eye so I have to take her to the vet but should I be worried about this thanks so much for your help

Hi I have a lab mix and a German Shepherd and they both have watery poop I have not fed anything but dog food and they have been on this dog food for a long time my lab is having yellow gloop coming out of her eye so I have to take her to the vet but should I be worried about this thanks so much for your help

how old? vaccinated? where do you live ? others around?

How long? You can try taking them off of their food and feed chicken and rice. It could be anything, but if both of them have it, it might be a good thing to take them to the vet.

Yes, you should be worried.
Get them off this feed. Check the recall list. Do it now. Give them some plain canned pumpkin. NOT pumpkin pie filling. Give each dog one cup. That should help with the runs.
Karen

What is the name and variety of feed you have been giving them. I keep a real close eye on the recalls. Let me see what I can find out. Both your breeds are bloat prone so it is important to figure this out quickly.
Best,
Karen
Bellwether Collies, retired

Thanks we feed them blue dog food chicken flavor I have three dogs and only the two have it they are all up to date on there vaccines and the lab is almost five years and the German is four thanks so much for your help

Take them off of the oft recalled Blue. Just because it was fed before doesn't mean it can't be bad now.
Put them on Redford Chicken and Brown Rice formula. Redford is a very high quality feed that Bloodhound folk ( whose breed is also prone to bloat) feed their dogs.
I lost a stud dog to corrupted feed once, while the other two females only got sick. It depends on the individual dog.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
Wolf1039,
Take a look at the website of dr. Osborne at Chagrin Falls Veterinary Center .there's a big article on Blue Buffalo and their 8 year recall history. there was a class action suit that just settled 3 months ago. then Blue had a problem after that. they had a problem with lead in their dog food. one of the symptoms is diarrhea. I think you should take your dogs to the vet.
Best,
Karen

Back
Top Bottom