Why does my duck SCREAM at me

graypes

Songster
Jun 19, 2020
Hi my duck (2mo female) will not stop screaming every time she sees me. My older ducks don't do this so I'm just curious why she's doing this. the scream is a blood curdling volume of MAH MAH MAH MAH mah and it is every time she sees me up close or at a distance. she then does this thing with her neck I don't know how to describe other that she's not flattening out and she's not bobbing her head but she's just like jutting it around

She did it a few minutes ago while I was out there chatting around with the kids so I picked her up out of the pool and set her down on the grass to watch her and she "assumed the position" like flattened out...

So is this a breeding behavior?? or is she acting up?? How do I get her to stop? the ignoring her solution hasn't worked so far, she's just doing it now every time she sees me

She will stop - but it will take time. I had one or two of those over the years. The behavior will be less and less noticeable as she matures. Especially if you have a drake. Once she accepts what she perceives as a new mate it will help.

They have two drakes to chose from and though theyve started to take to them, the second she sees me she takes off like a bobblehead before flattening out like a surfboard at my feet hahahahha guess she really *likes* me

Hi my duck (2mo female) will not stop screaming every time she sees me. My older ducks don't do this so I'm just curious why she's doing this. the scream is a blood curdling volume of MAH MAH MAH MAH mah and it is every time she sees me up close or at a distance. she then does this thing with her neck I don't know how to describe other that she's not flattening out and she's not bobbing her head but she's just like jutting it around

She did it a few minutes ago while I was out there chatting around with the kids so I picked her up out of the pool and set her down on the grass to watch her and she "assumed the position" like flattened out...

So is this a breeding behavior?? or is she acting up?? How do I get her to stop? the ignoring her solution hasn't worked so far, she's just doing it now every time she sees me
SNACKS!!! Look up snack girl on you tube i promise you will recognize this sound lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom