Why does my Quail Chick crop not go away?

I agree to me it looks more like 2-4 day old

also that chick fuzz with how like spread out it is kinda worrying to me but maybe that’s just me I’ve just had some that looked like that failure to thrive

Did you buy it or hatch it?
what do you feed?
What type of heating do you use?
Yeah In videos it shows it should be a lot more mature and having new feathers by now but mine doesn't.

Appears it has a pendulous crop, awful young for that?
It started when I came back from school and saw it with the crop and the water bowl spilled, maximum 5 hours it had without water probably less but it's started this vicious cycle. It was like day 8. I tried videos who said give it garlic water and massage it regularly but no success.....

Your chick should be getting game bird starter at 28-30% protein. IF it's not eating that, then boiled egg yolk can be given to help it keep its energy up, but if it's eating proper food, then it doesn't need the egg yolk. Keep the game bird feed available at all times. At this point, considering the lack of growth and size at 10 day, your chick may or may not make it, so you may want to be prepared.

I'm hoping that the temp in the brooder is in celsius, not farenheit!

Please do not give your chick garlic. Garlic is toxic to many kinds of birds, and may be making the situation worse.

If you can, get some more chicks as soon as possible. Quail are social, and being alone is very stressful. In the meantime, you can put a mirror and a small stuffed animal in there to keep it company.

Your chick should be getting game bird starter at 28-30% protein. IF it's not eating that, then boiled egg yolk can be given to help it keep its energy up, but if it's eating proper food, then it doesn't need the egg yolk. Keep the game bird feed available at all times. At this point, considering the lack of growth and size at 10 day, your chick may or may not make it, so you may want to be prepared.

I'm hoping that the temp in the brooder is in celsius, not farenheit!

Please do not give your chick garlic. Garlic is toxic to many kinds of birds, and may be making the situation worse.

If you can, get some more chicks as soon as possible. Quail are social, and being alone is very stressful. In the meantime, you can put a mirror and a small stuffed animal in there to keep it company.
Yes it's in celcuis and thanks a lot. I have removed garlic. Added more egg yolk for protein and some gamebird feed. I have also put it in the same room as my adult quail (they are indure) to give her some background noise and whenever I'm home I open the box, sometimes she goes to peck at the cage of the adults or stays in the box watever it wants. It grew a lot today but still not normal size. I don't think she will make it but I'm giving everything I've got!

Back
Top Bottom