Why don't I have eggs?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckyBoys, Feb 4, 2009.

1. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    AHhhhhhhh [​IMG]

I want EGGS!

My runners are like 8 months old already and NO eggs! I expect my calls to lay later but come on now - these are Runners!

Help...me.... [​IMG]

I haven't even seen any mating going on.....

Just an egg....that's all I want...to feel the eggcitment of eggs...like everyone else....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    My runners are very low on production in the cold winter months. The rest of the year they are like clock work. Maybe they need a touch of spring....

Best of luck !!!

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    My ducks needed a little extra light. I stole hubby's Ryobi rechargeable flashlight and started putting that in their hutch at night. It fades out after 3-4 hours. It took a week with the light and now I get 2 eggs every morning. Not sure who is laying, but I have a khaki, a runner and a buff.

4. fowlmood

fowlmood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    northern Michigan
    I understand completely!![​IMG] My runner duck was a little over 9 months old before she laid her first egg. I had a pekin who started laying at 5 months old so it was frustrating to wait and wait for more eggs. Hang it there, it'll happen soon. The days are getting longer, so that'll help.[​IMG]

5. streemers

streemers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    i know your pain:( my 9mth old pekin still hasnt layed.[​IMG]

6. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    The runners do seem to start laying later than other ducks, and they don't like snow. They were laying 3 or 4 eggs a day from 4 hens about 2 weeks ago and we got about 3 inches of snow and it was like turning off the light switch, they just quit laying for a couple days and now they are picking back up again.

Steve in NC

7. Gloria

Gloria Chillin' With My Peeps

I give mine a little extra light to make the day seem a little longer and she has finally started laying, last week. It might just be still to cold yet. She will get it, just have to keep on waiting.

I have a pekin mix, she is about 5 months old now.

8. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Ok, I guess I will just have to hang in there. Everyday I look and look... [​IMG] but Noooooooooooooooo.

I guess it will just be all that more eggciting when they do finally lay.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by