Why don't I see any Muscovy ducks?

ekofke201

Songster
10 Years
Dec 27, 2011
Southern PA
Hi, there! I can not possibly bring one more winged creature into this house this year... But I was thinking about adding a couple of Muscovy to the clan next year. (SImply because they look amazing. Wish I had a better reason...
hide.gif
) Why can't I seem to be able to order them from the usual hatcheries?

Muscovies don't do as well for shipping. That's why most hatcheries don't carry them

Ah, I figured it must be something like that. Thanks for letting me know... Wonder how far I'll have to go to find a hatchery?

How many are you wanting? Almost all hatcheries that do sell them have a minimum of 15.

That would be entirely too many... for my husband's sanity. Though I do have a friend that I am trying to talk into some ducks. She has a nice pond, too. Huh, great food for thought! Thanks!!

That would be entirely too many... for my husband's sanity. Though I do have a friend that I am trying to talk into some ducks. She has a nice pond, too. Huh, great food for thought! Thanks!!
If you would post where your located some of us who are hatching Muscovies maybe able to help you out.

I just got my muscovies two weeks ago, and I was able to pick from numerous people selling them in my area via Craigslist, to find a seller close to me. Even then, it turns out her husband works a mile from where I live so she sent them to work with him and I picked them up from him. Just go to your local CL, type "muscovy" or "muscovies" into the search field and see what pops up - you might be surprised.

Back
Top Bottom