Why don't people listen... Rant

Pics
Many many years ago we were taking our dogs for a ride. We had a cover over part of the bed up next to the cab of our truck. We went into a restaurant to get something to eat and a woman called the police because of the dogs in the back of the truck. She complained they didn't have water. We did have a bowl and a jug of water for the dogs but we had taken them to a beach where they could run so they were sandy and in the back of the truck under the cover in the shade and after we ate we were going home. The policeman understood and all was good but the woman wasn't happy. We stopped for a bite at a beach restaurant.

People are so often afraid of just speaking the truth (kindly). This woman who is allowing her chickens to be taken by predators over and over needs people to say "I have put a lot of time and effort into hatching these chicks and I want them to be protected and live long happy lives so I'm afraid I cannot, in good conscience, sell any more to you in light of your chicken-keeping practices. My chicks are not disposable". It could be why people unload such venom on social media...we have lost the ability to confront others truthfully and kindly. Maybe we all need to do more of that.
I have actually refused to sell birds to several people.
A friend of my wife's had been buying eggs from her and he decided he wanted to start raising his own and wanted to buy some chicks from me. Over and over I tried to talk him out of it and I offered to find some other breeds for him. He insisted he wanted some of mine. In less than 2 weeks the chicks were all dead. That still steams me.

A friend of my wife's had been buying eggs from her and he decided he wanted to start raising his own and wanted to buy some chicks from me. Over and over I tried to talk him out of it and I offered to find some other breeds for him. He insisted he wanted some of mine. In less than 2 weeks the chicks were all dead. That still steams me.

What kind do you raise, @ChickenCanoe ?

I don't sell chickens but I have given breeding pairs away. I've turned a few away who have asked because it became apparent that they knew nothing about chickens and just wanted.:hmm

Back
Top Bottom