Why Don't They Listen?????!

Beefy!
smack.gif
rant.gif
tongue.gif

"I just want the kind that lay eggs, do you have any of them?"

I was at the feed store today and the girl @ the cash register was asking a fellow co-worker if they really needed the light bulb, cause she wanted to buy some and "store" them for day before taking them home.......what? Not happy with the response I heard I simply said that they really do need to be @ 90 degrees the first week & that each week that should drop 5 degrees, 85 for 2nd week olds, an so on....

I was lucky they did not have 2 of 3 breeds I wanted, so I got out of there with just oyster shell. Next week they should have BO & RIR they only had easter egger's (of the 3 breed I want) which the same girl kept calling/correcting me that they were Americanas, I did not explain to her the the "Americanas" I bought from them last year lays brown eggs......

Do you have any of them roosters laying eggs yet? I would like some brown rooster eggs. I was told they are the best eggs to eat.

I have had people meet my roo and hen and then later hear them remark to another "She
has a rooster and a chicken." Sigh.
JJ

I had someone look at all my hens once and ask "why do you have all roosters and no chickens?" I explained to them that chickens are a type of animal like a dog and cat, and that a rooster is a male chicken, and a hen is a female chicken. I said that they both have the red things called combs on their heads, and that they are more prominent on males. They had a very inquisitive look on their faces... at least it wasn't as bad as someone pointing at my buff silkie at a park and asking if it was a monkey...
th.gif

Some people don't think before they talk, we are out in the country and we get asked what kind of a animal is a rooster, do roosters lay eggs, I thought thought all chickens where white. I just laugh and answer. Then tell them about the wonderful world of having chickens.
smile.png

You say you have blue chickens? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom