Why Don't They Listen?????!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by speckledhen, Mar 4, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

We have a local call-in swap shop on a radio show. My DH called in and told about the 10 baby roosters we have for sale and the various breeds. He specifically said "They are ALL roosters". I received several calls, every one saying, "You dont have any hens?" NO, I don't have any hens. We said they were all roosters! If I had hens, we'd have said we had hens. Geez. People! [​IMG]

2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I posted a ad on craigslist once and specificially said Roosters I got many phone calls, some people asking if they took all the roos then could they get hens to. Or just calling to see if I had hens. So frustrating.....dont ya think I would of put hens if I had extras [​IMG] So I feel your pain lol.

3. tink

tink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2007
    upstate SC
    Hey Speckled....If you dont have any hens, might you have any girls!!!

he he he
    Tink

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Next time you put up an add for roosters, why not put at the end of it.....I HAVE NO HENS! Tho even then you might get calls asking if you have any hens.

5. speckledhen

I also have an ad on Craigslist as well as a farm classified and same deal-even in writing, they still cant read, either! [​IMG]

6. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    I've had people me, pointing to my rooster ask, "is that a rooster or a chicken?"

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

There are just too many idiots in the world [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Also, I knew I'd have to explain what a Blue Orpington was, but I thought everyone knew what a Buff Orpington was-in trying to explain the Blue, I was saying that it was like the Buff Orps, only Blue, but I had people who'd never even heard of the Buff Orps! Too odd. And several wanted to know if it was a big chicken.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Most people in my area think a chicken is a chicken and don't have a clue how many shapes and colors there are!!....and I'm in a very rural area!!

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    A blue chicken? Are you one them people that dye those chicks for easter? How do you do that? lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by