Why has my goat got two big lumps on her underside?

chooklady12

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 7, 2013
My Kalahari Red goat, Maude, has got two big lumps on her underside. She seems to be in good condition, except for the fact that she looks very fat like and feels like she is full of gas. I know she is not pregnant as we currently have not had a buck for over a year and she has been like it for around 7-8 months. What is wrong with her?! I don't know if it is life-threatening but she is always stretching and has no milk. The lumps ooze white pus sometimes and she licks it off
sickbyc.gif
but I can't find out what's wrong with her!
hit.gif

Sounds like you should get a vet out, in order to give her a look over.

I'm not going to lie, even though the abscesses aren't in a 'normal' presentation spot on your goat, it is possible she has a disease called Caceous Lymphadenitis. It is a highly contagious disease, and cannot be cured.

CL... ich.... contagiouse, sometimes the absecces go away on their own,sometimes need vet intervention, very contagious to herds, and i wouldnt breed her because of that. but to keep her as a pet if she seems healthy. do some research.

why should she have milk? does she have a kid? or was she sold to you w/o her kid, or she kidded at your place and now she has dried up> CL has no conneciton to milk production usually and as far as i know (this could have changed) is not contagious to humans although i did see some study connnection with cronnes disease (???). cant remember.

Back
Top Bottom