Why I got into chickens

What a beautiful story. I know it sounds strange, but for me, birds have had a way of healing what was once hurt inside. Something about them... I think it’s the way you have to earn their trust and love but once you do it’s steadfast. They love their keepers if their keepers love them. It amazes me how they know their people from other humans. So much smarter than they’re given credit for. This was an excellent use for the pile of wood. Great story. Sorry this happened but thank you for sharing your strength and determination with us. I like you already. Glad he’s where he belongs in jail. I hate abusers.

Hi, I got into chickens when my husband tried to turn the barn into his shop and to stop me from having any animals. After he was sent to jail for physical abuse, I got revenge the best way I knew how & also to not let him have any control over me again. I took the pile of lumber he was saving to fix his shop and built an extraordinary coop that I have to this day. It is my reminder that good things can come from bad places, and when I watch my chickens, it puts a smile on my face! It actually helped me to forgive him in my heart so I could let go of the anger and frustration. Yeh, chickens!
Welcome fellow chicken lover! It takes a strong person and especially a strong woman to do the things you have described that you have just accomplished. Be proud of yourself and those accomplishments and most of all love yourself and know that you are worthy of being loved and that God loves you and so do I. No this isn’t a religious thread and I am not turning it in to one but I do believe that God gives people strength to come out of difficult circumstances if they will seek Him out and give things half a chance. I pray that your previous husband can never lay a hand on you ever again. Don’t you allow it either by the grace of God. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Never forget it and you will be just fine. I welcome you to BYC from one newbie to another - that is to chicken ownership only not to chicken loving and animal loving and being around all of them all my life. I’ve just now been able to own some. If I can ever help you I will do my very best. I try to pass on what I have learned to the next person and to share what correct information has been generously been freely shared with me to others who with willingly do the same. K...

Take care of yourself and always be safe.
Pam

Back
Top Bottom