1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why is it so hard to find the rules-infraction system?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by kathyinmo, Feb 9, 2012.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Am I just blind or an idiot? I can not find anything with this new search method. I get a million hits and can't find what I am looking for, or I keep hitting dead ends.

Can someone please direct me to the infraction-warnings rules? I found this, but the link does not work...

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

3. kathyinmo

Thanks for looking, Imp.
    No, that's not it. I am looking for the listing of infractions with the number of points issued and such.
    Like: how many points = 3 day ban. How many points = 2 weeks ban, etc.
    It also listed the number of points for violations, like -35 for trolling.

It used to be where that link is, in the quote I posted from Nifty.

Quote:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  4. kathyinmo

I found it on BackYard Herds. Thanks!

Warning types

Name Description Points
    Rule # 8 - Bumping - Cross Posting No Bumping or Cross-posting topics. Bumping is posting to move a thread up on the forum list, and cross-posting is posting the same thread in several forums. 10
    Rule # 9 - Personal Information Do not post overly personal information like your phone number, address, age (especially if you are a minor) or any other personal info you don't want the whole world to see. 10
    Rule # 12 - Soliciting donations Do not solicit donations or charitable requests for yourself or other people or organizations. 10
    Rule # 1 - Profanity Remember this is a family friendly community, so no swearing, foul language, or profanity. 20
    Rule # 10 - Promoting other forum, etc. Do not promote other websites that are "similar" to BackYardChickens, especially similar forums. Sometimes it may be appropriate to link to another site that has specific information relative to a question, but moderators have to right to remove links and posts at their discretion. 20
    Rule # 13 - Inapropriate religious or political post We strongly discourage religious and political topics and reserve the right to delete them at our discretion. These topics of religion and politics should be confined to the ?Random Ramblings? section of the forum. 20
    Rule # 14 - Animal Rights or Cock Fighting No discussions about animal rights organizations or Cock fighting 20
    Rule # 7 - Advertising Abuse Do not advertise your products or services outside of the appropriate areas of the forum or too frequently. 25
    Rule # 5 - Teasing No teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense. 30
    Rule # 6 - Fighting No Fighting. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable. "I'm right, you're wrong" threads and posts will be edited or deleted. 30
    Rule # 11 - Luring to other forum Luring members to other forums is not allowed and we prohibit discussing drama that happens on other forums. We've worked hard for years to build up this community and we will not tolerate people coming in and spamming our members via the public forum, private messages, or emails to join another community. 30
    Rule # 16 - Reposting Closed Topic If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BackYardChickens staff member. 30
    Rule # 2 - Adult Post or Topic Definitely no inappropriate "Adult" topics or innuendo. 35
    Rule # 3 - Flaming No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.) 35
    Rule # 4 - Trolling No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting. 35
    Rule # 15 - Questioning Moderation Do not post threads questioning moderation. If you have an issue with one of our rules, moderators, etc. please contact another moderator or a forum administrator 35
    Automatic bans

Ban period Reason
    2 days 50 points
    7 days 75 points
    14 days 100 points

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
  6. kathyinmo

7. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Either that or they're on one of the missing pages. I've looked for them before with no luck.

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Wow, great teamwork!!

I don't think that they were ever transferred over, so thanks for finding and creating! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by