Why is it

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
That every time a new member posts a question, everyone with experience (or not) jumps on to try to outdo each other in giving advice? I'm not on the forums very much anymore so maybe it's always been this way and I just haven't noticed, but everyone that has an answer deserves some respect and shouldn't be shot down as if they don't know what they're talking about! It is just something that I've noticed, and it seems wrong. Not sure what the answer is. Whether you're book learned or just have years of practical experience, or both....everyone deserves respect.

I haven't noticed this either, but what I have noticed is that a lot of people jump in and give advice where they have no business giving it. Then the people that do know what they're talking about have to try and get the facts in between all the misinformation.

Everyone has to learn somewhere. Unfortunately it makes it hard for someone new to learn if they have to wade through so many answers that are presented as fact, when in reality they are guesses at best. I think everyone should participate. However, I also think that if you absolutely don't know something for sure, make sure that you present your advice in that manner. Then keep reading and learning so next time maybe you will be right on the money with advice. This of course doesn't pertain to all subjects in this forum. More so for Emergency type threads or subjects where bad advice could harm something/someone, or just plain make a situation worse.

Well, there are "BYC Greeter" badges that some people (including myself) would like to have.
I’m probably missing something. This is related in what way?

Also you may want to welcome member because you genuinely want to get to know new people and make them feel welcome. If you’re only doing it for some silly badge you won’t really enjoy welcoming members. 😊 For me personally, sitting down at the end of the day and welcoming all the brand new members and reading their stories is the best part.🥰

Back
Top Bottom