Why is my 2 year old gander collapsing.

How is your gander?
He is fine again now, thank you. I have taken everyone's advice and bought waterfowl pellets and drench but having spoken to a waterfowl breeder, he thinks it was probably some kind of "episode" i.e. fit, as he says if he was not getting the right food it would have effected him much earlier. However I will keep on with the supplements. They must do them some good.

He is fine again now, thank you. I have taken everyone's advice and bought waterfowl pellets and drench but having spoken to a waterfowl breeder, he thinks it was probably some kind of "episode" i.e. fit, as he says if he was not getting the right food it would have effected him much earlier. However I will keep on with the supplements. They must do them some good.
Well not necessarily. Sometimes deficiencies can go unnoticed until some other stressor manifests the issue, like heat, cold, molting, parasites, or illness or it’s gone on long enough that their body can no longer function.. With goslings it shows up quickly because their energy demands are so high but in adult geese it can be harder to notice until it becomes very bad.

Neurological symptoms can also be attributed to metal toxicity, infections, or brain damage but those won’t go away very quickly or without serious intervention.
Sometimes shock or trauma can cause them to go off their feet for a brief amount of time.

Well not necessarily. Sometimes deficiencies can go unnoticed until some other stressor manifests the issue, like heat, cold, molting, parasites, or illness or it’s gone on long enough that their body can no longer function.. With goslings it shows up quickly because their energy demands are so high but in adult geese it can be harder to notice until it becomes very bad.

Neurological symptoms can also be attributed to metal toxicity, infections, or brain damage but those won’t go away very quickly or without serious intervention.
Sometimes shock or trauma can cause them to go off their feet for a brief amount of time.
Thank you all. I am getting so much useful advice. Don't worry i am keeping a close eye on him, and giving them both the right supplements now.

Back
Top Bottom