1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why is my Chicken Squawking????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mags2009, Sep 23, 2009.

1. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I have a sixteen week old BO that keeps making the sound: bawk, bawk, bawk *SQUAWK*!!!!! every once in awhile. I would maybe think this is the egg song, except that her comb and wattles are not red. Could this be the case anyway, or if not, why would she be making such a rukus???

Thanks,

Kerry

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    It sounds like she is gearing up and practicing her egg song! [​IMG]

3. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Do you really think so??? How long do they sing before the big production??? Could there be something else going on, or does everyone think this is it??? Thanks!

4. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    some are just a lot more chatty than others lol she may just be doing that or it could be practice but I have some hens that do that a lot and not alays cause they are about to, are, or just finished laying, sometimes it is to yell at me for treats, other times just because... Nothing is wrong though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by