Why is my chickens butt a target???

Bigjohn840

Chirping
Nov 2, 2018
Alabama
My Coop
My Coop
I have a flock of 6 mixed hens and 3 bantams 2 hens and a rooster and I recently got 7 orpington pullets and 2 cross strait run. I raised them altogether then I released them into the rest of the flock the other chickens and the crosses got their butt feathers tore out I blukoted it and they left them alone but now the orpingtons have taken to pecking her butt to the point it was really bloody I've separated her but just wondering is there away to get them to stop so I can put her with the rest of the flock again

I have a flock of 6 mixed hens and 3 bantams 2 hens and a rooster and I recently got 7 orpington pullets and 2 cross strait run. I raised them altogether then I released them into the rest of the flock the other chickens and the crosses got their butt feathers tore out I blukoted it and they left them alone but now the orpingtons have taken to pecking her butt to the point it was really bloody I've separated her but just wondering is there away to get them to stop so I can put her with the rest of the flock again

The orpingtons and crosses are the same age and they never did it until recently

Sorry I went back and reread your post. So the Orpingtons are pulling everyone’s feathers out correct?
The feathers are gone from the older ones when I first mixed them but now a couple week later the orpingtons have been targeting one of the cornish crosses but not feathers but picking her butt

Be very careful with that situation, as it can escalate quickly and lead to serious injury or even death. Did you try the "see but don't touch" integration method before you put them together? You might need to start the integration over and take it a little slower?

Be very careful with that situation, as it can escalate quickly and lead to serious injury or even death. Did you try the "see but don't touch" integration method before you put them together? You might need to start the integration over and take it a little slower?
The ones that grew up together are doing the damage the older ones dont care anymore

Back
Top Bottom