Why is My Common Pheasant?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by quailboy 73, Feb 18, 2011.

1. quailboy 73

quailboy 73 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2011
    Southeast Georgia
    Why is my rooster pheasant sounding off like chicken rooster? You know how they make crowing noise. My Roo does it every morning around 5 o'clock. Off and on all day, is there something i should be looking for or what?

2. mustangkid

mustangkid Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2010
    Reno, Nv
    It's spring. He is calling to the hens.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes, look for some hens for him or if you have hens, look for eggs. It's the start of the breeding season.

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:DONT YA JUST LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR? LOVE IS IN THE AIR [​IMG]

5. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    My last pair of Golden started laying about a week ago, this warm spell got them into it I guess. The bobwhites are laying, and the coturnix never stopped.[​IMG] Oh, and my OEGB's started laying again. If they lay then it is officially Spring.

6. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:OH YEAH, THAT WHOLE CROWING THING?

ITS CALLED ADVERTIZING [​IMG]

YOU SEE AS A MALE PHEASANT YA JUST CANT EVER BE SURE WHEN A LONELY PHEASANT HEN HAPPENS TO BE WANDERING PAST YOUR HOUSE WITH A SPECIAL ITCH THAT YOU COULD HELP WITH? AND SINCE YA NEVER KNOW WHEN WHAT'S A LAD TO DO? ADVERTIZE!!! SINCE HE CANT GET IN THE HOUSE AND USE YOUR COMPUTER AND CREDIT CARD TO ORDER POSTERS/ BUSINESS CARDS HE'S DOING THE BEST HE CAN--- CROWING [​IMG]

AND EVEN IF YOU HAVE A FULL HAREM? WELL AGAIN YA JUST NEVER KNOW WHEN THE FUTURE EX- MS PHEASANT MIGHT BE WANDERING BY.... SO YA STILL CROW. SO BASICALLY WITH OR WITHOUT HENS YOUR BOY IS GONNA ADVERTISE.

7. quailboy 73

quailboy 73 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2011
    Southeast Georgia
    Cool, Now I Know! But I havent heard anything out of my quail. They usually sound off to.[​IMG]

8. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    BOBS? IF SO THEY ARE A LITTLE LATER THAN PHEASANTS SO ITS COMING [​IMG]

9. oleduke

oleduke Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2008
    WV
    Quote:OH YEAH, THAT WHOLE CROWING THING?

ITS CALLED ADVERTIZING [​IMG]

YOU SEE AS A MALE PHEASANT YA JUST CANT EVER BE SURE WHEN A LONELY PHEASANT HEN HAPPENS TO BE WANDERING PAST YOUR HOUSE WITH A SPECIAL ITCH THAT YOU COULD HELP WITH? AND SINCE YA NEVER KNOW WHEN WHAT'S A LAD TO DO? ADVERTIZE!!! SINCE HE CANT GET IN THE HOUSE AND USE YOUR COMPUTER AND CREDIT CARD TO ORDER POSTERS/ BUSINESS CARDS HE'S DOING THE BEST HE CAN--- CROWING [​IMG]

AND EVEN IF YOU HAVE A FULL HAREM? WELL AGAIN YA JUST NEVER KNOW WHEN THE FUTURE EX- MS PHEASANT MIGHT BE WANDERING BY.... SO YA STILL CROW. SO BASICALLY WITH OR WITHOUT HENS YOUR BOY IS GONNA ADVERTISE.

I laughed hard at this JJMR. Good one [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by