Why is my hen Limping?

Apr 27, 2021
Indiana
This morning when I opened the coop door all the chickens came out and looked normal. I just went back out and noticed this hen was limping! I haven’t looked at the bottom of the foot or anything because I’m currently alone and didn’t want to hurt her more by trying to take a closer look. My husband will be home soon and we’ll check her out together. Just wanted to post this video to see if anyone has had this issue before. Should I try to separate her? Give her Niacin? Vitamins and electrolytes? She is my biggest hen and doesn’t really get messed with by the others.
Hen limping

Yes I looked at her feet and there are no signs of cuts or Bumblefoot. She is actually doing a lot better than I thought she would. There is a small run attached to the coop which is inside a bigger fenced in area. In the morning they all come out of the coop and I keep her inside the small run alone with vitamins and electrolyte water and niacin in her food. The others just stay in the larger run area. The limp is barely noticeable now. Thank you.

Yes I looked at her feet and there are no signs of cuts or Bumblefoot. She is actually doing a lot better than I thought she would. There is a small run attached to the coop which is inside a bigger fenced in area. In the morning they all come out of the coop and I keep her inside the small run alone with vitamins and electrolyte water and niacin in her food. The others just stay in the larger run area. The limp is barely noticeable now. Thank you.
Maybe she just sprained her leg a little when jumping of the sleeping bar..
Glad to hear she's doing better

Back
Top Bottom