Why is my hen suddenly dead😭

I'm sorry to hear that.
Was she dead already or died when you got there?
She could have gotten shaken up, spit up and aspirated on that. Or choked on something.
What color was the 'puke'?
So sorry for you loss. :hugs

Are you sure she didn't have any symptoms before this? To me, it sounds like she might have had sour crop. What did her throw up look like?
Her trow up was brown ish, she acted normal this morning, and yesterday.
The only thing I can say is that I noticed that her poop was white and liquid but she have had that before so I did not think much of it.
She did Also lay pretty weird when I found her

Attachments

• 153CC810-C6DE-4760-904C-C52CF49DC437.jpeg
    153CC810-C6DE-4760-904C-C52CF49DC437.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
She looks like she suffered from trauma. I've had chickens die suddenly and they were in a nesting position. Her face looks dirty. Just my opinion. I would look under her feathers. If you let her free range you will have a higher chance of predator attacks. Sorry for your loss.

She looks like she suffered from trauma. I've had chickens die suddenly and they were in a nesting position. Her face looks dirty. Just my opinion. I would look under her feathers. If you let her free range you will have a higher chance of predator attacks. Sorry for your loss.
She doesn’t free range, but I will look under her wing tomorrow and cut her open to hopefully find a reason to why she passed so suddenly😊

If you cut open her body take pictures of the organs to post here. Sometimes we cannhelp identify certain problems, but a vet with poultry experience or a poultry lab can do extra testing. Here is a good video with organs labeled, although I do a much more brief necropsy:

Hello everyone, this might not be the update you want but I feel like I have to make it so nobody is waiting for pictures of her insides😂
But I have decided not to cut her open, I really can’t do it and her death was pretty rough for me because she was my first hen.
I psychically can’t cut her open so instead of opening her I have decided to give her a nice funeral with all of her friends so we all can say a good goodbye😊🐓

Back
Top Bottom