Why is my pet rooster doing head movements??

Then treat for sour and impacted.
Consider withhold feed for a day, but make sure he's drinking. Coconut oil along with a stool softener (stimulant free) can often help break up what's in the crop. Anti-fungal/yeast cream will help with sour crop. All outlined in the article linked.

I would offer soaked feed when you re-introduce feed. A crop issue can be due to an underlying condition, so it's good that you are going to de-worm him.
here in sweden I do not have access to the same ointment that you recommended. but found a foot fungus, can it work?

The active substance is miconazole nitrate 20 mg per gram
The other ingredients are pegoxol 7 stearate, oleoyl macrogol glycerides, liquid paraffin, benzoic acid (E210), butylhydroxyanisole (E320) and water.

here in sweden I do not have access to the same ointment that you recommended. but found a foot fungus, can it work?

The active substance is miconazole nitrate 20 mg per gram
The other ingredients are pegoxol 7 stearate, oleoyl macrogol glycerides, liquid paraffin, benzoic acid (E210), butylhydroxyanisole (E320) and water.
I would use it. Ingredient list is similar to what we can get in the US.

1614086566547.png

https://www.rxlist.com/monistat-vaginal-cream-drug.htm

okay thanks, then I start giving it now right away. it's a cream, how much should i give him?
In the article Carol says about 1/2" of cream. Do that 2X a day for 7 days. I would still give coconut oil if the crop is hard to hopefully break up what's in there. I have also used 1 stool softener to help break up what's in the crop. But the cream you want to give for the full 7 days.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

In the article Carol says about 1/2" of cream. Do that 2X a day for 7 days. I would still give coconut oil if the crop is hard to hopefully break up what's in there. I have also used 1 stool softener to help break up what's in the crop. But the cream you want to give for the full 7 days.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
I do not understand anything.
on saturday and sunday morning his crop was almost completely empty and soft, then on monday it was hard and yesterday it was hard and today it was hard (??)
later in the day it becomes softer and like a tempur mattress.
why did it go well for two days and then go back to how it started, I start to lose it soon, panic that today it has been a week and there is zero difference.
and he poops a lot during the night. and quite normally a lot during the day

When are you feeling of the crop?
The best way the gauge crop function is First Thing in the morning before the bird has had anything to eat or drink..

IF the crop is still hard, squishy or has anything in it first thing in the morning, then the crop is not emptying properly.

If you are feeling when he's had anything to eat/drink, it can be at different stages of fullness and/or hardness. (because of the food/water)

When are you feeling of the crop?
The best way the gauge crop function is First Thing in the morning before the bird has had anything to eat or drink..

IF the crop is still hard, squishy or has anything in it first thing in the morning, then the crop is not emptying properly.

If you are feeling when he's had anything to eat/drink, it can be at different stages of fullness and/or hardness. (because of the food/water)
I feel his crop every morning before work, and then everyone sits on the sticks and sleeps so no one has eaten or drunk.
his crop is usually smaller but full and hard dough. but this morning it was as full as last night and like a hard dough that is first immobile and then can be kneaded like a hard dough.
now he seems to poop less too and generally feels duller. but he eats immediately he gets the opportunity and I give him the medicine against sour crop 2 times a day without results.
What is the next step??

I feel his crop every morning before work, and then everyone sits on the sticks and sleeps so no one has eaten or drunk.
his crop is usually smaller but full and hard dough. but this morning it was as full as last night and like a hard dough that is first immobile and then can be kneaded like a hard dough.
now he seems to poop less too and generally feels duller. but he eats immediately he gets the opportunity and I give him the medicine against sour crop 2 times a day without results.
What is the next step??
Then treat for sour and impacted.
Consider withhold feed for a day, but make sure he's drinking. Coconut oil along with a stool softener (stimulant free) can often help break up what's in the crop. Anti-fungal/yeast cream will help with sour crop. All outlined in the article linked.

I would offer soaked feed when you re-introduce feed. A crop issue can be due to an underlying condition, so it's good that you are going to de-worm him.
Are you also giving coconut oil and massaging the crop.
I would consider withholding the feed as suggested so you can try to get the contents to empty. He needs plenty of water while feed is being withheld.

I would consider withholding the feed as suggested so you can try to get the contents to empty. He needs plenty of water while feed is being withheld.
yes I massage and give him coconut oil several times a day. I have tried to only give water and no food in 12 hours but it never runs out.

yes I massage and give him coconut oil several times a day. I have tried to only give water and no food in 12 hours but it never runs out.
I wonder if I should try to give him that spice mixture for doughy crop, but I dare not give it with a syringe so maybe I can melt coconut oil and then have the mixture in it and then let it solidify and give him?

Back
Top Bottom