Why is my pet rooster doing head movements??

Madde

Chirping
Aug 1, 2020
Sweden
Hello
my pet rooster Torsten has since Wednesday (maybe longer) had a blockage in his crop and I have gotten oil in him and massaged and his crop has become softer and smaller.
this morning his crop was almost completely empty, not hard or doughy, but loose and almost completely flat.

but my question is:
every time he eats he makes strange movements that I think I can relate to the fact that he puts the right food in his crop but at the same time it looks like it is uncomfortable to eat (?)
he gets soaked pellets and he eats with great appetite and otherwise seems to feel just as usual?
he sings beautifully every morning, takes care of his girls and eats the food I now give in his diet.
if it were not for his head movements then I would say he seems almost restored.

he is the love of my life, hope someone can help with my questions.

He could also be suffering from intenstinal parasites... lung worms, or other. You might want to think about de-worming him if you haven't done that in a while.

He could also be suffering from intenstinal parasites... lung worms, or other. You might want to think about de-worming him if you haven't done that in a while.
I have actually sent for deworming medicine that should come this week, however, I am afraid to give it directly in his beak due to the risk of getting it in the lungs.
Maybe I should be able to stir the medicine on eggs and invite the whole flock to it?

I have actually sent for deworming medicine that should come this week, however, I am afraid to give it directly in his beak due to the risk of getting it in the lungs.
Maybe I should be able to stir the medicine on eggs and invite the whole flock to it?
Yes, absolutely!! You want to treat the whole flock! Not sure what kind you ordered... if it's a powder or a liquid. But adding it to treats (and make sure all get their share!) is definitly the way to go. There are some that can be giving in their water as well.

Yes, absolutely!! You want to treat the whole flock! Not sure what kind you ordered... if it's a powder or a liquid. But adding it to treats (and make sure all get their share!) is definitly the way to go. There are some that can be giving in their water as well.
I live in Sweden and according to Swedish hen groups, axilur is recommended and it is liquid deworming medicine for dogs.
I will try to calculate the dosage and then give the whole flock.

D8AC0FF8-F763-459B-819B-9E5A98B2AAED.jpeg

just want to show my handsome gentleman, he is so sweet and loves to be in my lap and cuddle

Back
Top Bottom