Why is my rooster so aggressive?

nasy

Hatching
Feb 2, 2015
Hi folks !

I have one funny question : Why is my rooster so aggressive?

My mum bought one long time ago and it was aggressive,, jumping on people, pranced, as my mum get rid off it and decided to no longer buy chicken and again after a few years bought a second one and this is the same as aggressive as it was first one, I am really interested in why?
I could not go ouut of house becase the rooster hated me especially ,my brother laughed all the time,,it is not good for me because I lova all animals I had a chicken for a pet long time :..
Now I will one thing more to laugh about :) See the rooster that sings well this one I would like to replace with the old one :)

So,now lets hear you experts to tell me,,, why are the roosters so aggressive??
big_smile.png

LOL..I love this guys crow!!! Ha!

Roosters can be aggressive. It is their job to protect the hens and sometimes they see you as someone to dominate. They think you could not only hurt the flock but you need to be put in your place.

There are lots of threads here in our archives on training roosters to behave. Not an easy task however. Sometimes your body language will always let him know you are scared of him. Some people don't bother working with a mean rooster and just send him to the stew pot.

Just be careful with mean roosters around children, and yourself for that matter. Roosters can do great bodily harm.

welcome-byc.gif
As TwoCrows has said it's a rooster's job to protect his flock. Some become a bit overzealous and regard their keepers as threats. These roosters make great soup or chicken stew. There are good, mellow roosters available. It's not necessary to tolerate a human aggressive rooster - also, his sons are very likely to have the same undesirable behavior - another good reason to remove his genes from the gene pool.

Yeah I understand that thay defend their flock but they behave even when they are not near a chicken,, but so much aggressive not been clear to me,,
I might have been attractive to it also :)

The children was the reason why my parents sold it...
now I changed my chicken pet with a rabbit !!

Thanks for respond ;)

I also have a very mean roo!! I was about to send him to the stew pot, cause my gf and I were getting attacked all the time lol. But, a fellow chicken herder told me to try and submit him. I said submit him?? yup, that's right lol.....either grab him and tuck him under your arm and hold him for a few minutes or gently pin him to the ground and hold him there til he calms down. He said do it a couple days in a row, and if that didn't work...then stew him lol. Well, it worked!!! he just gave up on attacking people, and also was a lot nicer to the other roos in the flock. It basically shows that roo that the person feeding it is the alpha!!!

haha,, how to catch it if i don't dare to come close 3m :D it's humored so as dangerous too,,
Di you attempted to sway the chicken and did you noticed while you sway it that their body moving while the head is always in the same place (I think chicken says' what hell?) lol,, they are adorable :)

Back
Top Bottom