Why is my white leghorn chicken not laying?

Are her feathers completely white when she's clean?

White Leghorns really should be WHITE, and I've never seen one that managed to get so dirty it looked like that. (Of course I haven't seen everything--yours might just be really good at getting dirty, in which case I'm impressed with her dirt-spreading skills!)
Yes they are completely white I've made a few other threads about these same chickens a few months ago like this one below
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-old-are-these-leghorns.1434251/
I am thinking it is male, because a female's comb flops over where as a males stands up.
The comb stands up that made me question its gender in the first place
Was she considerably smaller than she is now?

I'm wondering if he lied about her age.
Yes she was much smaller but he did lie about their age, he said that they were older than 5 months and that they will start laying soon
That's not a white leghorn; I had 6 (down to 1 due to hawks seeing white chickens from 19 miles away) and white leghorn are white. All white, all over. Whoever sold her to you was mistaken.
I'm positive it's a white leghorn these are pictures from a few months ago
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-old-are-these-leghorns.1434251/

My white leghorns tend to be my dirtiest birds so I can believe that it is just covered in filth. I’m always amazed at how not white mine become when they dust bathe.

With that being said, I would be suspicious of it being a cockerel...

This thread is a mess at this point.
First off this bird is in Iraq? I have no idea how leghorns there compare to ours.
The age is an estimate so that may or may not make a difference depending on which way and how much it may be off.
The color. Jesus that does not look like a dirty white LH. I've seen my share of those.
It looks blue with a pattern leaking underneath. If it is then I'd have no concern with the dark on the legs (or is that dirt also) black leghorns more often then not have a black wash. APA even accepts it.
The comb flop doesn't matter. Its correct for females to flop and males not to but I've plenty of females that didn't flop and some males that have. Especially on non white colors.
I could see the sex going either way because it's a overseas bird and of a estimated age.
To me it reminds me of a cockerel over all. It has the look of one to me. And that would be a large comb for a non laying female.
Just my opinion. I wouldn't be stunned if I was wrong.
Interesting bird.

Back
Top Bottom