Why is there 2 BYC websites?

Quote:
Hey, well what was that secret thing in disappearing ink that I signed, the one where I promised my first-born pullet egg ?

Quote:
D.gif
glad you cleared that up for me greyfields... I reiterate ... ONE community two locations
love.gif
BYC !!!

I have nothing against the other BYC other than the forum software, which was horrible, it drove me right away from it. This forum is responsive, quick, and full of informative people willing to share their info, so I don't bother with the old one anymore. I just don't have the time to visit so many forums, I'm already spending far too much time online as it is! :eek:

Quote:
We weren't? Why did Nifty make me slice my hand with a 100 year old blade with
a rooster shaped handle?

Oh man I actually fell for that old joke. Stupid me. :mad:

Quote:
We weren't? Why did Nifty make me slice my hand with a 100 year old blade with
a rooster shaped handle?

Oh man I actually fell for that old joke. Stupid me. :mad:

sucker born ever minute... but isn't it nice that we can look back and laugh at it now?

tongue.png

In general, both boards have their place and the evolution of both boards over the past 18 months has been very interesting. In my opinion, in this time they have actually become two different communities with some people choosing to visit both communities. For example, I visit a LOT of internet forums and I like some better than others. I'm not forced to, or not to visit any of them, but some are just more inviting and user friendly for me than others.

Yes, ezbyc was before the current incarnation of BYC (i.e., on PunBB software) but even before ezbyc existed there were other iterations of BYC forum that were hosted at the site like BYC is now. So, long story short, the BYC community went from being hosted on BackYardChickens.com then to ezboard, then back to BackYardChickens.com.

The whole story is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9631

Back
Top Bottom