Why is there a light on in the Glenn Cottage Eggery coop tonight?

Lucky chickens. Have fun!
jumpy.gif

They're great. How exciting! I'm envious, because our feed store only has chicks once a year on Easter. But, maybe that's for the best.....
big_smile.png

Edited to say: If anyone in South Arkansas has any chicks for sale, I've got chick fever bad. I'm looking for some Silkies, blue, black or buff.
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I have tried to so hard to make my coop and run secure. We don't have many preditors here in the city. and I have a 6 to 7 ft fence around the yard. And a big dog, that I am now training to watch momma's baby chicks. He is doing pretty good really. I put him on down stay and tell him to "watch'em", a command he has had all his life when he is allowed to look out the front door and keep tabs on who is doing what. He actually got bored watching them yesterday! The first day he was doing "play postures" to them. But, I made it clear the chicks will not be able to "play" with him. So now he is being calm and only watching them.

Last edited:
Hahaha! My first thought was, "Wow! look how clean that coop is. How does she do it." Then when I read that you just got chicks it made more sense and I don't feel so bad about mine
lau.gif
It is so cute! You will just love your girls, they are both great breeds.

Back
Top Bottom