Why is turkey trying to kill my other turkey

Depending on where you buy it, some companies try to pass off unsuitable feed as game bird feed. Our local TSC recently advertised in their flyer that their Dumor 20% protein chick starter is appropriate for turkey poults and game birds. They do not care a tiny little bit about the health of your poultry and only care about their profit line.

Sometimes, healthy turkeys will kill unhealthy members of the flock. If the smaller one was already having issues before being attacked, it might have been the reason for the attack.
I get my feed from the feed mil in town, I know it was correct. Like you said I was thinking she was unhleathy for some reason? She just didn't show any signs . I didn't understand why he would kill the only thing that looks like him..lol. Down to one turkey.

I also think e might have broke her back or neck. When I separated her, after laying in the yard for a while she wanted to get up and go but did a 360, laid there and passed. It was awful.

Sorry you lost the one. Turkeys can be brutal to any sick or down bird. They will often peck and attack them. So it's possible the one was picking up on the other ones weakness and following it's instincts. It makes sense that birds will drive out a sick acting bird so any diseases are removed from the flock and territory.

Since the one was undersized it may have had an internal birth defect and it could not thrive.

Back
Top Bottom