Why Me?!?!?!?!?!?!

ThornyRidge

Songster
11 Years
Oct 28, 2008
So tonight as I am down in my barn I hear the ever familiar sound of "cheep cheep" and the ever familiar momma cluck/purr. Shaking my head as I know what I am about to find, I make my way to the most difficult and out of the way place that these darn chickens build nests and go broody! I cleared the eggs out of this area a few weeks ago and apparently missed 4 that must have been buried down deep cause low and behold there were 2 peeps completely hatched, one just hatched and still wet and one hatched but deceased. These were sooooooo not expected... I swear I have the most fertile and broody bunch of hens and roos around.. again no idea what these sweet little puffs of yellow will be.. if I had to guess roosters.. cause I need more extra large roosters running around (already have 5! and all but one of those was unexpected hatches!) Anyway it is always sweet to watch a momma raise peeps but I am getting frustrated with their sneakiness!!! And I swear that is the fastest 21 days ever!!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif