Why my basement is going to start leaking!! *PIC*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by vwoods, Mar 19, 2009.

1. vwoods

vwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Spotsylvania, Virginia
    I know they love their dust baths but this is the absolute worst place for it! My husband's gonna kill me!! Our basement has never leaked before but It'll probably start now. Guess I need to make them a little area in their coop to take their dust baths. I've seen some good ideas on here. Because when I let them out to free range the first thing they do is head for my flower beds or the house foundation. Bad girls!! But funny picture. Also have a picture of one of my girls in her finest tie dye chicken saddle/vest.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG]
    Why do they always pick the worst area for you as the best place for them??? [​IMG]

Love the tie-dye saddle!

3. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Mine do the same thing when they get out.

It is because this spot next to the foundation is very dry because of the eaves of the house. The drier the more they like it.

Just file up the hole with the stuff they kicked out, DH will be none the wiser.

4. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL! If that caused your basement to leak I'd be completely amazed. Houses can and do deal with much worse, imagine what 3 kids could do! a chicken scratching out a dust bath is nothing! [​IMG] Go chill wit yer peeps already!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by