Why not give a hen a better life?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kscottjoyce, Jun 6, 2011.

1. kscottjoyce

kscottjoyce Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Townsend
    Hey there!
    So I am guessing that there are many people who are members of BackYardChickens that care for hens as pets or for pets and for eggs. I know there is no way to stop massive egg production facilities. I also know that it is possible to adopt a hen that is stuck in a small cage to just lay eggs for her whole life. All I ask is that you at least consider the idea of adopting a hen, even just one, and save it from a horrible life in an egg farm if you have the ability to do this. Why not? They are sweet pets and will give many eggs.
    I adopted this cutie from an egg farm and she is loving the ability to roam and be the free chicken that she was born to be.
    [​IMG]

2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Awww She is so beautiful and what a wonderful thing you did...I cannot see how people can be mean to ANY animal....it just is not right !

3. KristyAz

KristyAz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2011
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    How did you come about adopting her? I would if I knew where to start. She's very pretty and lucky to be out of the cage and roaming free.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by