Why Rejection On One Side, But Not Both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacy Duckwing

𝓓𝓾𝓬𝓴𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓟𝓱𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓱𝔂
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 6, 2017
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
I'm have some serious confusion going on right now....

Vaccines in general; the Covid Vaccine.

I'm seeing some threads FOR the vaccine flourishing, and allowed, but, the threads AGAINST it is locked. Why is that? It's the SAME topic. I'm confused.

Same thing is happening with people's signatures....

I THOUGHT, last year, @Nifty-Chicken put a post out there that 'political' things are not allowed as threads, signatures, and profile pictures. I didn't know that anything to do with vaccinations, one's own health, or even one's personal life choices had anything to do with what's happening in the government.

I'm have some serious confusion going on right now....

Vaccines in general; the Covid Vaccine.

I'm seeing some threads FOR the vaccine flourishing, and allowed, but, the threads AGAINST it is locked. Why is that? It's the SAME topic. I'm confused.

Same thing is happening with people's signatures....

I THOUGHT, last year, @Nifty-Chicken put a post out there that 'political' things are not allowed as threads, signatures, and profile pictures. I didn't know that anything to do with vaccinations, one's own health, or even one's personal life choices had anything to do with what's happening in the government.
:goodpost:

We don't usually allow these kinds of discussions in public since they involve individual moderation.

We 100% support our members reaching out to our moderation team with questions about our rules, why they / their posts were moderated, etc. Keep in mind we've leaned from over 15 years experience running this and other online communities of what does and doesn't make a community better... and publicly discussing individual moderation isn't something that improves a community :)

So, for that reason, I'm going to respectfully close this thread and ask that any questions regarding our rules, why we moderate the way we do, etc. should be directed to a member of our moderation team.

With that said: also please keep in mind that moderation is NOT an exact science... which is why we have an AMAZING team of diverse peeps that LOVE our community. We diligently and thoroughly review these situations, discuss various aspects, give perspectives, raise concerns, ask questions, re-review, etc. etc. etc. and come to a consensus and take action.

As you can imagine, very VERY little of forum moderation is simple or clear black-white decision. If it was easy, we'd have computer algorithms that would automatically moderate the forum for us. Unfortunately there are millions of objective and subjective variables, which are complicated by text-only discussions.

We're comforted in knowing that both "sides" of an issue (like this one addressed above) are upset saying that we are moderating THEIR SIDE with bias. The fact that both sides feel like we are biased is FANTASTIC proof that we're not :D

In general, the best answers to the questions above:

1) If something is breaking a rule, do NOT reply... report it. If you engage with the rule-breaking post, you're often going to get a warning yourself.

2) If you have questions about our rules, a moderation action, etc., PRIVATELY direct it to the moderator that took action, or any other member of our team.

At the end of the day, our team does the best we can with the resources we have. We love this community and do all we can to keep it the best in the world, and we appreciate those that strictly follow our rules, avoid arguing, and do all they can to be friendly and supportive, even when they disagree with others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom